Thursday, August 7, 2008

Questions for Poets (and Editors) (and ?)

I have been collecting questions for some time in hopes to put together, perhaps here on this blog, a series of short interviews. Originally, I hoped to cobble five questions that an "interviewee" could answer to any length desired. I also hoped to get questions that provoke interesting responses and which poets (and others) would find useful in their work.

So far, the only question that I've found that hits the right note is:

  • What is your stance on the nature of language?

If there are any lurkers here, are there questions you wish someone would ask poets and others who base their working lives on writing?

All my other questions have been either too long and involved in the asking or too trite.

In short, I'd love to have five pithy questions that are direct but highly relevant and provocative. Much like a poem, I suppose. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment