Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's Next

Now that I've locked in a set of questions for poets for now, time to start querying folks. I know an editor or two, a few poets, and then others who just might like to answer such questions. I have a call into a web designer/programmer and hopefully by Tuesday I'll find out some costs. I might go the blog route, but it would be nice to be able to change design and other such things should the project have a shelf life extending beyond a couple of years.

For now, the project's just in a bit of a holding pattern.

There's also an audio journal project on the horizon, but it's not of the poetry variety -- that niche is already well-filled by others with more funding and ideas than I've got time for. This audio journal involves questions and responses from all walks -- not just poets and such. It will also involve a podcast that I hope to distribute once every two weeks. But we'll see. The test will be here in the next three weeks. It involves receiving responses and editing those responses down with backing music (performed locally here in the Merced area!) and perhaps some editorializing.

So that's what's next, for any who may care. In the meantime, I've been reading some blogs from all over the place, grading papers, teaching, some writing. Oh, and my wife and I bought a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment